Question How to read file with content from blob field?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Have you examined the content of the file that you create on the windows side with a text editor? Does it look at all correct? (Cringer asked this second reply... I see no answer.)

What error are you actually getting?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I would suggest trying first of all to extract and import the data on the same machine. If that works then it's an issue with different platforms.

Dragon13

Thanks for all of your answers! I know where the problem was: I missed one very important fact that the file copied to the BLOB field could be archived before. Please, excuse me for taking your time, it's my bad.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If we had checked the output file (like Cringer asked in post #3) we might have discovered this right away?

That is not to make you feel bad -- but rather to illustrate the value of answering in full. Those of us trying to help also should have *insisted* on that rather than continuing to speculate.

It also shows the value of providing the actual code being used. Not psuedo code or descriptions of code or "similar" code. The actual code that really does the thing causing a problem.