Question How can to delete table in Data Administration?

qadvietnam

Hi all,

In this case:
I have already file .df dumped.
I want to load this file to new database by Data Administration Tool
But got error msg "Have already tables exist...."

Now I want to delete table in Data Administration Tool?
I try to do but seem its frozen lock already.
Pls help us

Thanks
QAD Vietnam

Last edited:

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If the table has a lot of data in it that could take a long time. A very long time.

If you were trying to create it and discovered that it already exists why are you deleting it? Wouldn't you just be happy to not have to create it?

qadvietnam

If the table has a lot of data in it that could take a long time. A very long time.

If you were trying to create it and discovered that it already exists why are you deleting it? Wouldn't you just be happy to not have to create it?
Hi,

Thanks for your kindly reply.
I will explain for you clear:
- I have dump DB customers already (QAD2007.1 - Progress 10.1B05)
- I try to procopy mfgprod from mfgempty
- And then I try to load DB customer to mfgprod
- Load dump DB is successful but I try do login in QAD2013 MFG/PRO(Progress 10.2B08) I found that some menus of application are missing
- I try to delete mnd_det table in current enviroment
- And then re-load mnd_det table (from the old environment) by Data Administration Tool

Note that: I try to test. Before I load dump DB from customer, I try to login QAD 2013SE, I can see these “Report Resource…” menu
Pls advice us.

That's why I do this way
Pls advice us.

Thanks,
QAD Vietnam

RealHeavyDude

I think there is a confusion between the definiton of a table ( which is dumped and loaded via a *.df ) and the contents of a table ( which are dumped and loaded eihter ascii via *.d or binary *.bd ).

Loading a *.df does not load any contents ( records ) for that table. But, if you want to load the contents of a table you need to have the definition for that table already loaded.

As far as I understand you issue is that you miss some records in a given table. Then just empty ( remove all records ) when there are conflicts in unique key and then load the table contents - IMHO it doesn't make sense to delete the definition of the table in order to get rid of the records it contains. Depending on how many records that table contains the deletion of the existing records might take quite some time. Plus you should ensure that the referential integrety is not compromised.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.