Highest patch level for Progress 10.0b?

jennid

Hello-I am sure this information is on the Progress website somewhere, but I am having a hard time finding it. We are currently on 10.0b05. Is 05 the highest service pack/patch level available for 10.0b (Win version)? Thanks.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Probably. They don't tend to do more than a small handful of service packs per letter release. 10.1C just got to 10.1C04.

The current release is 10.2B (no service packs yet).

jennid

Thanks, Tom. Actually, I'm only interested (right now) in additional patches/service packs for 10.0___. We have plans to upgrade to 10.1C or 10.2B, but the version of SX.enterprise that we are on isn't certified to run with those yet. Until we upgrade (which will be a long process over the summer of reviewing all of our custom code), I have to stick with 10.0.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You should think of certification as a base level which is supported. Not a limit.

Which version of SXE?

jennid

SX.e 5.1.060. The problem is Infor won't support us if we go to a level that isn't certified to run with SX 5.1.060...I'm being told that we need to stay on 10.0___ until we upgrade to a higher level of SX. I personally would be fine with trying to upgrade to a higher level of Openedge, but based on past experience, my guess is if we upgrade to a version that Infor doesn't support with 5.1.060, we won't get support when we have issues with the stnd SX software.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I happen to know that other Infor customers are running releases like 10.1C quite successfully and that Infor is not refusing to support them.

jennid

I know several customers too who run higher releases of Openedge with lower releases of SX. It's not so much that I think they'll out and out refuse to support it, but my past experience with Infor has been that if there is anything "non standard" about our environment, it causes a lot of problems with support.

If I need to upgrade to a higher version to fix the issue we're dealing with, we'll explore that option. But the first thing I wanted to try was upgrading to the highest release of the version we're on. Which is why I asked if anyone knows the highest version of 10.0 or if someone could direct me where to find that information on Progress's site.