Help wth smartbrowser

teregtz

Hi i´m new here.

I have a really grat problem!!!!!!!.

Is In progress 8.3b possible enable the column labels to select a column in a smartbrowser.

My job depends for that.

Thanks

lord_icon

You are not very clear on what you are wanting to do exactly, if it is just a case of being able to click the column label then that is simple but I dont understand why you would do that. If you are wanting to sort by the column clicked then there are a few extra things you need to do.
This is how you can click a column-label.

In the query builder for the browse enable one of the columns.
This will allow entry to the browse and let you click the column-label. Then you need to disable the column so the user cant update it.
In the local initialize of the browse do this after standard behaviour.
ASSIGN
table.fieldname:READ-ONLY IN BROWSE {&BROWSE-NAME} = TRUE.

teregtz

Help SmartBrowser

Hello:

My problem is that I want to make a search in a SmartBrowser, when I give click in the label of the column to make a search of some field that belongs to that column.

That the cursor is positioned in the line corresponding to the search.

Do I need to create a new Object?

Thank

lord_icon

I am still having trouble understanding what you are trying to do, your english is not so good. I will try and help you anyway.

Do you want to search or sort? You are saying that you want to search but in this situation people normally want to sort. If you want to search then obviously you must have a fill-in to enter the value to search for, why not just use this with either a combo or a radio-set next to it, it visually makes more sense to the user to activate the search this way.

However if you are wanting to SORT by the column clicked then use the START-SEARCH event of the browse this is triggered when you click the column-label.

If you still need help then feel free to ask.