Question Help with Free Form Query. My query is based on a temp table, but I can't seem how to set some of the columns to where I can change the value.

wa4qms

So the query works fine in pulling the data, all 32 columns. (And 13K+ rows.) But I need to be able to edit several of the columns and can't find out an easy way to do this. The query was built using the AppBuilder, and there is no real reference on just how to make the change. Ideally these columns would be set to be editable when the query opened, but I just can't get to seem to get it working. The file, once the user is finished, will take the table and write it back out to another file that will be used as an input file for updating records in the data base. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. -Dennis-

Osborne

Just to be clear, you have a browse for temp table records and want to change the values of some of the columns and you have used the free form query option, is that correct?

If so, then in the DISPLAY section enable the fields/columns you want to allow changes:

1667473299913.png

wa4qms

Funny thing, I tried that last night, and I won't go over the hours spent trying to track it down, but this morning for kicks I put enable all, and it worked. So then I tried a single field and again it worked. Getting back to last night, it might have been I did not have a CRLF after each field. Adding the CRLF made it work. In reading from the manual, it FAILED to mention that part. Thanks for the reply.