Help regarding a Trigger program

daranroo7

Dear all,
I have a requirement, that i need to control the display of certain data. here are the following details.

* The data is displayed from a work file which is new shared and shared in the consecutive programs.
* The data is displayed using a scrollable window

My requirement is
I want to prevent few of the records getting displayed from the temp-table. But here i do not change the code and should make this through trigger. As far as I know, i think we cannot control the display or access the temp-table or workfile thorugh trigger programs.

can anyone please suggest me in going ahead of this ?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel Ranjit.R

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Trigger programs are for database tables so no you can't use them. Let me understand this, you have data in a temp table and you want to prevent certain records from displaying in the window? If so, why not just stop the records appearing in the temp table in the first place? You can't do what you want without changing either the temp table population or the display code.

daranroo7

Hi Cringer,
Thanks for your reply.

I wanted to stop the records appearing in the temp table at first place. But i am not allowed to modify the core source code.

Regards,
Daniel Ranjit.R

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I would suggest that the only option you have is to write a procedure that would delete the records you don't need before you do your new logic. Other than that you're going to have a problem.