Forum Post: RE: Updating a network installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sasha Kraljevic

Hi Matt, In essence, there are two type of OpenEdge installation for Windows: local and network install. Regardless of how you did it and what type you used, one way to uninstall it (as you don't have mapped P drive anymore I guess) is to do the following: 1. Locate activex controls in your local installation directory and unregister them (regsvr32 /U blah.ocx) - they are usually (if not search for them) in %DLC%\bin\system, cscomb32.ocx, pstimer.ocx, csspin.ocx 2. Unregister %DLC%\bin\prox.dll 3. Remove registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PSC\ or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\PSC\ if it's win64 OS (this will remove references all Progres versions and products, so if you have other versions than 10.2B be aware of it - you will have to remove one by one otherwise) 4. Do do the same for HKEY_CURRENT_USER 5. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AdminService10.2B 6. Remove %DLC% install directory There are other registry entries, e.g file type association etc., buy they will get overwritten with new install. This is just from top of my head - I may have forgotten something, but it should work. If you get stuck, then just open ticket with tech support and they will assist you with it.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.