Forum Post: RE: TT in method

• Thread starter Thomas Mercer-Hursh
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas Mercer-Hursh

@pedro, 5X is not trivial for a method that is going to be called on every define statement in every program in the entire application. As I said above, I like the basic idea ... it is exactly how I would encapsulate a TT that needed to be used in more than one place (except for the use of LIKE, which I abhor). It is just that here it seems to be adding a layer of complexity which is not needed to a usage which is inherently very simple. The TT is an implementation detail of one method in one class. While I would prefer to express that directly by defining the TT in the method, moving it to the class level only really means that I need to remember to empty it. It is possible that, were one able to define it in the method, that the overhead of instantiating it on each execution would be a problem. What I would want the AVM to do is to instantiate it once and the mark it unavailable or available depending on whether it was in the method and to handle the implied empty. But, if I can't have that, I prefer what I am doing to the extra layer of complexity.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.