Forum Post: RE: OAUTH 2.0 Authentication

• Thread starter romain.pennes@foederis.fr
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

romain.pennes@foederis.fr

Hello, "My question is , I want to fetch some data from some social media websites or data sources websites like Facebook , google or could be salesforce.These websites need OAUTH 2.0 Authentication to pull data using there APIs.I want to know can I achieve this through Rollbase?." You can do this with client-side JavaScript by using "script component" in any Rollbase page. With client-side JavaScript, you can interact with OAuth2 services provided by Facebook, Google etc. Here is a client-side JavaScript example using Google OAuth 2: developers.google.com/.../OAuth2UserAgent As Orchid suggested, you can also use Rollbase triggers to do HTTP calls server-side, and should be able to do everything that you need if you understand how OAuth2 providers (facebook, google...) work. We have been using (consuming) Google's OAuth2 with Rollbase in order to implement a SSO (to automatically connect to Rollbase when being logged in Google). To do this, we have been using both client-side JavaScript and server-side (HTTP) triggers, so it is certainly achievable. Remember that Facebook, Google... are OAuth2 providers, and to make use of it, you only need to consume their service by doing redirections (client-side), and HTTP calls (either client-side or server-side). Regards, Romain.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.