Forum Post: Methods in a find

• Thread starter Thomas Mercer-Hursh
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thomas Mercer-Hursh

I have a piece of code which looks like: find bfDiskFile exclusive-lock where bfDiskFile.chSourceDirectory = obPathUtilities:SourceDirectoryFromPath( lchIncludePath ) and bfDiskFile.chPackage = obPathUtilities:packageFromPath( lchIncludePath ) and bfDiskFile.chName = obPathUtilities:NameFromPath( lchIncludePath ) no-error. Where the methods do as one would expect them to, i.e., extract that particular component from a full path to a file. This find is failing. However, if I rewrite to chSourceDirectory = obPathUtilities:SourceDirectoryFromPath( chPath ). chPackage = obPathUtilities:packageFromPath( chPath ). chName = obPathUtilities:NameFromPath( chPath ). find bfDiskFile exclusive-lock where bfDiskFile.chSourceDirectory = chSourceDirectory and bfDiskFile.chPackage = chPackage and bfDiskFile.chName = chName no-error. Then the find succeeds. I have checked this many different ways and the methods always return what I expect and the table has the field values I expect. Easy enough to fix this, now that I know what works, but is this in any way expected behavior? 11.3.2

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.