Forum Post: Help using SSL with REST service and basic_OERealm authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dhubbuck

Hi I have been investigating the various methods of authentication when using Tomcat and the OE REST services. I managed to get a customised version of the OEHybridRealm working using an appserver to authenticate users against tables within our database. This all worked fine. The next step was to make use of SSL so I decided to configure SSL on Tomcat and on the Appserver using my own self-signed certificate and the Progress supplied default_server certificate. I can get each part working individualy with SSL. Eg Tomcat works with SSL and the Appserver works with SSL but when using the basic_oorealm spring security model I hit issues. I have changed the following OERealmUserDetails properties: b:property name="realmURL" value="AppServerS:// localhost :5162/restbroker1" / b:property name="realmClass" value="OpenEdge.Security.Realm.OERealmSM2" / Is the nohostverify property getting in the way? Maybe I'm being over the with SSL on both Tomcat and the Appserver. Has anyone tried this kind of setup? Thanks Dale

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.