Forum Post: AW: 64 bit Eclipse with 32 bit OpenEdge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Fechner

The current proposal for allowing both 32-bit and 64-bit OE requires independence between the two: different DLC directories, different registry keys, different AdminServices, different PDSOE installs. That would be fine for me. But for now I am trying to "hack" a 64 bit Eclipse with a 32 bit OpenEdge to allow more memory for Eclipse. Von meinem Windows Phone gesendet Von: Garry Hall Gesendet: ‎09.‎10.‎2014 22:05 An: TU.OE.Development@community.progress.com Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Development] 64 bit Eclipse with 32 bit OpenEdge? RE: 64 bit Eclipse with 32 bit OpenEdge? Reply by Garry Hall We are looking at allowing both 32-bit and 64-bit OE on the same machine. However, not knowing the internals of PDSOE, I don't know if that is going to allow you to do what you want. It might be an enhancement request. The current proposal for allowing both 32-bit and 64-bit OE requires independence between the two: different DLC directories, different registry keys, different AdminServices, different PDSOE installs. That being said, we do have a bug logged to allow selection of 32-bit AVMs in 64-bit PDSOE for the launch config. Currently you can see only OE versions that match your bitness. As I don't know enough about PDSOE, I don't know if this meets your need. And it might not be addressed in the same time frame. Stop receiving emails on this subject. Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.