Faxing - faxage.com

adisney

Our company, Great Valley Technologies, wanted to provide a faxing solution for our clients (medical offices) which would

a) seamlessly integrate with our Progress product
b) require no hardware/software installation
c) scale well (price-wise) for clients ranging from a single-doctor office up to a hospital.

After some research, we ended out with Faxage.com (www.faxage.com), which gave us "$10.00 per month per concurrent channel with a flat rate of 0.018 (1.8 cents) per minute for outbound faxing. Inbound is also possible at the same 0.018 rate for local numbers and 2 cents a minute for toll-free numbers". (If you want rates other than the ones posted on their site, you have to e-mail them.) Compared to vsi-fax (which would have been about $5500 just to get started) this is really good!

Don't know yet how reliable they will prove to be long-term, but in case anyone else wants to use this company, here is sample code for send fax/get fax status/clear fax using HTTPS POST. It's a bit tricky, so hope this saves someone else some time. Most of this code is from the KnowledgeBase, just modified for this particular instance.

Anne Disney
Great Valley Technologies

Attachments

• sendfax.p
    5.8 KB · Views: 21
  • getstatus.p
    4.9 KB · Views: 7
  • clearfax.p
    4.7 KB · Views: 6

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
we also have some business with softpbx and voip. for almost anything phone related.

telephony and application integration, using the internet (for no added cost) to talk between offices, workers in the field, customers etc. and almost any customization, development you could think of.

you'll be surprised at the amount of options, configuration and how much money you could save. not to mention setting up a pbx for a company almost for free.

adisney

Since you are posting it to PSDN and here, you might consider putting it up on OpenEdge Hive, http://www.oehive.org , where it will be visible more consistently.

I created an account and logged in, but can't see how to do it. Not really an intuitive user interface.

Looks like a useful site, though; will be visiting it the next time I get stuck ...

Anne

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Really quite simple ... go to the site map here http://www.oehive.org/hivemap to figure out where it seems to belong. Everything on OE Hive is organized by a hierarchical set of categories. If nothing seems to fit, put it where it seems best and contact us about a possible new category.

To actually create your content, use the Create Content in the menu on the right. Read about types of content here http://www.oehive.org/CreateContent . For simple, one page and some attachment type things a Page is sufficient. If you think you might want several pages, e.g., to put up documentation and installation instructions and such, then create a BookPage. The top level book page is given a category and appears on the site map and has no parent. The other BookPages are parented to that one. If appropriate, you can keep nesting deeper.

rmdasari

Anne Disney:

We are currently using VSIFAX with an interface written in Progress to send the faxes to VSIFAX (unfortunately we don't have the source for the progress code) and looking for an alternative to the interface to send faxes. Your post is interesting and wanted to know more about this product.

If we use the attached sendfax.p as a calling program to Sales Order Print will it pick the generated .prn file and send it across to the customer as a .tiff file.

Would appreciate if you could throw some light on this....

Thanks & Regards,

Ramamurthy Dasari

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
anyone using asterisk ?

I've started an investigation into the prospect of use asterisk in my company. Hoping to rip out my our current 3com NBX 100 & handsets and starting from scratch. Asterisk looks like a very good product with a Low TCO.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I started to develop some ABL API wrappers to the Asterisk API Manager. I was wondering if anybody else has developed similar code for Asterisk?