Error in prorest

Anusellam

Hi,

I am trying to restore the database on a standby server using the backup created from a primary server

I am using a DOS batch file to do this. I am attaching the batch file with the message

Basically, I first use asbman and dbman to stop the application and the database service and then issue the prorest command to do the restore

I have a problem with this

When I run the prorest command directly from the command prompt, the restore happens fine

However, when I run the prorest from this batch file (which I have attached), I get an error as follows

** The database d:\Apps\dutymaster\database\dutymst is in use in multi-user mode. (276)

Can someone please tell me what is the problem with this

Attachments

• Restore.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 23

curly

It takes some time to shut down a database. "Dbman –stop" usually finishes before all DB processes are down.

Your process works from command line because it takes you some time to type the next command. While you are typing “prorest command” Progress has enough time to finish shutdown of all DB processes (initiated by dbman –stop).

To fix the problem you could:
A) simple solution:
Insert pause between "dbman –stop" and "prorest" commands in your batch file

OR

B) more complex solution:
Check whether all DB processes for the database are down before prorest (after dbman –stop) and proceed to prorest only if they are down. If they are active then wait and try again a little bit later …

Regards,
Marian

Anusellam

Hi,

thanks for this reply

I already found out that dbman returns back and only after sometime does the processess stop

So, as you have suggested, I had already put a pause in my batch file and it worked fine

Thanks so much for your reply