Error 5897 in OCX trigger

Hello all,

I have an OCX widget - a VSFlexGrid. You can drag things around on this, so there's an OLEDragDrop trigger that fires whan an item is moved.

When this trigger fires, I'd like to fire up a dialog-box (or window, or whatever) to capture some VITAL data about the user's change. However, when I launch the dialog I get:

Input blocking statement is invalid in trigger : blah blah trigger name blah (5897).

So, OK, I can't use a blocking statement. So how do I get around this? Anyone got any suggestions?

TIA

Andy.

sunilnair

have you tried running the window persistent so that control returns to the trigger after window in run.

and a Dialog box is modal so I dont think it would be appropriate for your purposes

- Sunil

As the trigger fires, I want the process flow to stop while a window/dialog appears. Once the window/dialog closes, trigger execution should continue. This is going to take a wait-for or some other blocking statement, unless anyone knows of another technique? I can, for example, throw up a message box with no problem. But any blocking statement throws the error, and I need more complex data capture and processing.

In the end, I've had to go a different route and validate against missing data with messages, and give the user the onus of opening the dialog before they drag the item and fire the OCX trigger. Not elegent, and not very interactive, and I'm open to suggestions!