Display through Fill-INs

RealHeavyDude

From what you are asking it is totally unclear to me what it is that you want to know.

Do you mean dynamic browse, buffer and query objects?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

RealHeavyDude

For the record: You can't display the records in the AppBuilder without hacking it's source code in the first place. Though it's possible I wouldn't advice you too.

Instead, I think you want to display the records in a window ( be it GUI or ChUI ) which you design in the AppBuilder. If I am correct and if it's more than exactly 1 record I think you might want to display it in a browse widget. If I am still correct, what exactly do you mean regarding dynamic? Do you mean that you want to have one set of code that is able to display all records from any given table in a browse widget?

Just another thing: ChUI does not support dynamic browse widgets ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Stefan

1. start OpenEdge client
  2. type DEFINE BROWSE
  3. select the text and press F1 for help
  4. review the example in the help and type it into your client (unfortunately all examples in the manual are missing line breaks for normal copy / paste operations)
  5. start data administration, create a new database as 'A Copy of the Sports2000 Database' and then connect to it
  6. execute your code

To save you from having to enter the line breaks yourself, here is the example from the help documentation:

Code:
DEFINE QUERY q1 FOR Customer. 
DEFINE BROWSE b1 QUERY q1 

DISPLAY 
   CustNum 
   Name   
WITH 17 DOWN TITLE "Customer Browse". 

DEFINE FRAME f1 
   b1  
WITH SIDE-LABELS AT ROW 2 COLUMN 2.

DEFINE FRAME f2  
   WITH 1 COLUMNS AT ROW 2 COLUMN 38. 

ON VALUE-CHANGED OF b1 DO:  
   DISPLAY Customer EXCEPT Customer.Comments WITH FRAME f2.
END. 

OPEN QUERY q1 FOR EACH Customer.

ENABLE b1 WITH FRAME f1.
APPLY "VALUE-CHANGED" TO BROWSE b1.
WAIT-FOR WINDOW-CLOSE OF CURRENT-WINDOW.

Note that this is all static code, this can all also be done dynamically.