Question Disable All Statement Does Not Work Like Expected?

Dragon13

Hello everyone,

I have just faced an interesting case, which I could not explain completely, so I hope I will find some answers here. My environment: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit), Progress 10.2B07, Character Client.
I have two programs:
- OEbugtest1.p - defines a frame with 3 fields (3 elements of one array); assigns READ-ONLY option and enables the three fields with TEXT option; waits for go of the frame and uses DISABLE ALL statement to disable everything on this frame; then the next program is called;
- OEbugtest2.p - defines a frame with two fields and a trigger "ON LEAVE..."; then displays the fields and applies "LEAVE" event; waits for go of the frame.

The expected behaviour is that after the first frame was left the second frame is displayed on the foreground. Then the user can leave the second frame and at the end the first frame.
The behaviour I get is that after the first frame was left the second frame appears on the foreground (can be seen only if stepping through in the debugger mode), but in the moment I step into the "ON LEAVE" trigger in the OEbugtest2.p program, the second frame goes into the Background and stays there.

You can simulate this behaviour with two programs I attached. If you activate the commented code in the OEbugtest1.p program (workaround) you will see the behaviour I would expect.
For me it looks like DISABLE ALL statement does not work on the fields enabled with TEXT option. However, if you comment out the ASSIGN statement in the OEbugtest.p program (leave out setting of READ-ONLY option), the program will process as expected even without workaround part.

Regards,
Dmitry

Attachments

• OEbugtest1.p
    486 bytes · Views: 3
  • OEbugtest2.p
    321 bytes · Views: 2

Osborne

It seems to be this line that is causing it, as not only is it ignoring the read-only settings but makes the variables ignored by the disable all :
Code:
enable text(a[1] a[2] a[3]) with frame fa.
I do not think I have ever used "enable text()", and it is either a bug or an oddity that makes variables/fields work differently if you enable them using the text option.