DB write error

gasomma

Hello to all,

during startup DB system show this error:

Error writing msg, socket=<n> errno=<n> usernum=<n> disconnected. (796)
An unexpected error occurred while the server was attempting to write a message to a client. If errno is 32, it usually means that the client process died abruptly. If the errno is 54, it means that the network reset itself and the communication link was lost. If the errno is 60, it means that there was a timeout. Look in /usr/include/sys/errno.h or its equivalent on your system for other errno values.
O

in log file:
Errore in scrittura del msg,socket=460errno=10054usernum=24 disconnesso (796)

Could you pls help me?

Thx
JCA

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Google doesn't think that 1005 is a proper Windows errno. So that wasn't much help.

But... "Windows 93 Server"??? What the heck is that and why on Earth are you using it? And what version of Progress are you getting this error with?

I would suspect a permissions problem. Possibly a firewall issue.

Has this worked previously? What has been changed?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The error is 10054 Tom.

Connection reset by peer. An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. This normally results if the peer application on the remote host is suddenly stopped, the host is rebooted, the host or remote network interface is disabled, or the remote host uses a hard close (see setsockopt for more information on the SO_LINGER option on the remote socket). This error may also result if a connection was broken due to keep-alive activity detecting a failure while one or more operations are in progress. Operations that were in progress fail with WSAENETRESET. Subsequent operations fail with WSAECONNRESET.

gasomma

I don't know. The system is for sure Windows.
Progress Version is 9.1d.
In will check the permission. Maybe somebody changed. Not me.
This kind of progress application started in 2005. No problem until now.
Nothing has been changed. Really I don't know.
Possible operating system problem?
Thx.
JCA

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I shall say this before someone else does, Progress 9.1d is obsolete. You really should upgrade.

As for your direct problem, are there any network issues at the moment? Why was the db stopped?

rstanciu

check if you are using third-party back-up system. Progress database d'ont like to be saved online (this can cause the error: 796).