creating Cim

software_mukesh

I have to create a CIM file for PO Fiscal policy, and then load this CIM file.
I'm new to Progress so not sure where to start looking for the problem
pls help me out from this problem

pls explain Step by step

Cim load is using a text file, formatted in a certain way.
Mimic the data entry process in MFG/PRO, as if the data was being entered manually into the program. Use the following symbols to mimic certain keystrokes:

Double quotes ( " " ) must surround character field data with spaces. Optional if no spaces in data
A space ( ) separates each field. This executes a Tab command
A tilde ( ~ ) is line continuation. No characters or spaces allowed following it.
A line feed or End-Of-Line executes the Go command (F1-unix, F2-NT)
A hyphen ( - ) skips a field retaining default or existing values.
A period ( . ) on a line by itself is the end command F4 or ESC
Slashes ( / )are allowed but not required.
Up carat ( ^ ) indicates a null

Here is an example of CIM load file into 36.3.13 Generalized Codes Maintenance. You can see the actual screen to compare the file with the screen layout.
@@batchload mgcodemt.p
"pt_part_type"
"itmtyp"
"desc"
@@end

Hope it helps

32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
Need GL Report Writer reports on the Web/Excel?
Check 32WebReport at http://www.32soft.com/site/modules/xt_conteudo/index.php?id=9[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

software_mukesh

thanku sir..for replying and giving such good detail....bt rite now i m in a bit confusion as i m new to mfgpro..what actually i want to know is that.....from where i should start creating the CIM

The basic process is the folowing:
- Create the file in the format I specified below
- Load the file using 36.15.1 CIM Data Load
- Review the errors/warnings
- Process the file using 36.15.2 CIM Data Load Processor
- Review the errors/warnings

Regards

32Soft Inc., an Official QAD Subcontractor
Need GL Report Writer reports on the Web/Excel?
Check 32WebReport at http://www.32soft.com/site/modules/xt_conteudo/index.php?id=9[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

software_mukesh

hi smruti how are u.well its seems really gr8 when sombody ask u about anythng..............
well talking about CIM ..what i have is ..just readout through al this..definetily u will get some idea about this....

common information model (CIM)

QAD's CIM Interface provides a convenient means to transfer data and integrate legacy or otherwise incompatible data with MFG/PRO data.
Unlike direct data loads, CIM checks load data for errors and saves unloaded records in an error file for correction and reloading. CIM loads can be run in either batch or continuous mode.
The CIM interface loads data through online maintenance programs. All data validation used in these programs during normal data entry is available during a CIM load. Imported data is then made available to other programs.

The CIM Interface offers the ability to enter data through the user interface, giving us access to data integrity checking that already exists in the system. Some tables can be loaded through the CIM interface. Some can be loaded directly and quickly into database. All tables should be loaded into a temporary database for just this purpose.

Such as 36.25.10 - special program that allows mass deletion of items.
There also is an alternate program for loading item standard costs

If you need to support CIM functionality
then take a look at http://www.Strategic.com and if you want
CIM is just a keyboard entry simulation. If you are thinking about concurrent CIM, you should think about multiple CIM processor are running at the same time. It like multiple user login in the same time.

smruti

hey mukesh

What u said is correct
I could get some idea about the cim programming from your reply..

thnaks a lot..