Create a Logger Class

bilelbeldi617

Hello everyone,
I made a new youtube video explaining how to make a logger class and use it anyware in your project.
Link to the video :

I hope that my videos are helping you.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Nice programming video. The best way is just to use the built-in one. Progress Documentation
I have not experience this myself, but I know of software provided who had to ditch the built-in logging object because is would not behave correctly when the source code was executed from a network map drive. It was 11.7 GUI on Windows.
They spent along time trying to resolve the issue and in the end too much time (and money) was spent trying to make it to work.

peterjudge

I have not experience this myself, but I know of software provided who had to ditch the built-in logging object because is would not behave correctly when the source code was executed from a network map drive. It was 11.7 GUI on Windows.
They spent along time trying to resolve the issue and in the end too much time (and money) was spent trying to make it to work.
Curious / interesting. Do you have any more details/recollection of what the incorrect behaviour was?

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Curious / interesting. Do you have any more details/recollection of what the incorrect behaviour was?
Hi Peter,

I did not have any direct involvement. All I know is that it was working in development/testing phase, and it was when the code was deployed to production (customers location) it would complain about write permissions (or something like).

The only difference was that the application code was running from a mapped drive. All other areas of the application were working okay include procedures that read/write .csv files.

They had two developers, and a system administrator trying to resolve the issue. It left them very confused, and it was just nothing obvious to the cause and in the end, they backed-out the changes.

Sorry, I don't have much more information.
I reckon, with a bit more time the issue could have been resolved, and it was possibly something simple. But with the pressure of it being production environment, the necessary action was required revert back to the last known state.

Last edited: