Cost Center Maint

lpojatina

Hi All,

Our accountants have decided that the cost centers we are currently using are wide open and for SOX purposes, need to be tightened up. Of course, when they try to modify the beginning/ending account number range in cost center maint we get an error "Overlapping valid account ranges" blah blah blah. Obviously they don't want to clean out all of the GL history so that the ranges can be deleted and corrected the proper way... And I (of course!) don't want to update them behind the scenes.
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Version: EB2 SP6 on Linux

Laurie Pojatina
Sr. Progress Developer / Network Admin
Wellman Products Group

Shyam

Hi Laurie,
Did you get this resolved. I am getting the same error.
I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks.
Shyam Kompalli

ZombieBritts

It is my understanding that the cost center tables are setup as guidelines for data entry into the GL. I have removed these entries and entered new ones without any errors , or changes to the G/L .

If you know of any reasons to not do this , please let me know.

Glen (EB sp7)

Cost Centre Update

It is quite possible that a entry in the cost centre maintenance with blank a/c codes from&to range causing this issue as suggested you can press the up arrow, access the records , delete them and reenter the new ones.

It is advisable to print the cost centre inquiry before the above excercise just to ensure that old combinations are re eneterd.

wsong

lpojatina said:
Hi All,

Our accountants have decided that the cost centers we are currently using are wide open and for SOX purposes, need to be tightened up. Of course, when they try to modify the beginning/ending account number range in cost center maint we get an error "Overlapping valid account ranges" blah blah blah. Obviously they don't want to clean out all of the GL history so that the ranges can be deleted and corrected the proper way... And I (of course!) don't want to update them behind the scenes.
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Version: EB2 SP6 on Linux

Laurie Pojatina
Sr. Progress Developer / Network Admin
Wellman Products Group

Hi, I got similar experience when I try to restrict account range for sub-account code

I found the blank from to record created as default will cause that error.

You just need to delete that blank entry.

Good Luck

Willy Song