Calling function from .NET WebBrowser

jamesmcfly

Hi everybody,

Currently I am developing a program using AppBuilder 10.2B and using OCX namely Microsoft WebBrowser. I am able to access and edit the attributes of the elements (titles, innerHTML of labels, etc.). However, I have not found a way to trigger a function within the WebBrowser. Is it possible from Progress to call a function in a WebBrowser (and possibly sending input parameter and receive output parameter from it?).

Osborne

I am not sure if it is possible with the OCX WebBrowser but may be possible with the .NET WebBrowser:

This looks to have all kinds of options so hopefully one covers what you require.

A Progress example is here, and if you want to use an AppBuilder designed window then embed this on the .NET form:

jamesmcfly

I am not sure if it is possible with the OCX WebBrowser but may be possible with the .NET WebBrowser:

This looks to have all kinds of options so hopefully one covers what you require.

A Progress example is here, and if you want to use an AppBuilder designed window then embed this on the .NET form:

Thank you for your reply.

I found out that it is possible using this command: chBrowser:WebBrowser:Document:parentWindow:execScript(<command>), since the OCX WebBrowser is using old version of IE. For retrieving return parameter, I write the value in one label and let the progress application access that label to read the return value. I haven't done a lot of testing, but it maybe sufficient for what I need.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if this is of use, but Chrome is now available as an Open Source distributable called Chromium. I'm not sure how well it integrates with OE10, but it should be ok IMO.
Here's a webinar to get you started