Batch processing

mfguser

Hi all,
Require a help.

I need to delete a PO Line using Batch functionality but this is not available - Is this correct? - How could I delete a PO Line without user interaction? (Using a batch program).

Thanks in advance

oldemanw

To my knowledge there is no batch-delete facility in Purchase Orders.
Also, I wouln't delete orderlines directly using progress either, I expect that would make your MRP go crazy.

Anyone any better ideas?

zee

Also, I wouln't delete orderlines directly using progress either, I expect that would make your MRP go crazy.

I can confirm this is a Very Bad Idea. :awink:

I am also not aware of this functionality in MFG/PRO, but I'm curious. How would you determine you wanted to delete a particular line on a PO, especially in a batch?

mfguser

Thanks for all your inputs.

But suppose if I have a line in a Purchase Order that is no required , then probably I need to delete the same.

That's correct,Batch delete is not existing in Purchase Module.
So how about writing a CIM to delete the PO line. will that be feasible, if I have multiple lines to delete.

Thanks in Advance.

oldemanw

In programs that support batch CIM delete, there is a hidden field. So, when you want to delete through CIM, you put an "X" in there and the program will delete for you.
The field can be made visible by setting "batchrun=true" before invoking the program, see this example for Account Maintenance:

{mfdeclre.i}
assign batchrun=true.
{gprun.i ""glacmt.p""}

In the attached screenshot you can see where my cursor is. That is the hidden field.
MFG will also tell you if batch delete can be used. Press Ctrl-F inside the program and you'll have your answer.

Attachments

• hidden_field.gif
    hidden_field.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 47