Auditing Database Information

Sebastian Larsson

Hello Friends, I can help me!
I have a question to Auditing Database specified Data_Auditoria area.
How to work this area? I suppose and configure hourly dump data and load to auditing database but this area for data_auditoria in a audited database continues to increase to near of tocuhing variable extent.?
Thanks for your help!.
Excuse my vocabulary.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
A few questions:
  • What is your OpenEdge version?
  • In a given application environment, how many databases do you have with OE Auditing enabled?
  • Do you have a database that is dedicated to storing archived audit data from your other audited database(s)?

Sebastian Larsson

thanks Rob
this is a Open Edge 11.3.2
only one database audited more than 120GB
Yes another data base archived the data. Hourly dump the data to audited database(120GB full size DB this area Dataauditoria is near to 9 GB) an load to auditing database.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
You should look at the proutil -C auditarchive qualifier in the database admin manual. It allows you to dump audit data to a binary dump file (.abd) which you can then load into your audit archive database. By default, this operation will also purge the data from the source database. If you do this on a regular basis it will keep your source database's audit data and index areas from growing continuously. Note that the user running proutil auditarchive requires the Audit Data Archiver security privilege. Protect the .abd files with appropriate file system privileges and delete them once they have been loaded to the audit database.