Question Apple Wallet and Google Wallet generation in OpenEdge ABL.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
I am scoping out the possibility of generating a Apple Wallet and Google Wallet in OpenEnge (11.7).

Has anyone ever done this before in the ABL?

At first glance the Apple Wallet seams simple, apart from the digitally signing a file.

I have looked at using passkit.com as it provides a REST API, but it comes at a cost.

Last edited:

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I was casually looking at that topic over the weekend and also thought that passkit could be viable. I didn’t see any reason to think that using OpenEdge would pose any special challenge.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I was having one of those "how hard can it be!" moments when I had to dig through old emails to find a PDF for a bus ticket to get from Boston to Nashua after my return flight from PUG UK landed. All the rest of my tickets for that were in my wallet except for the bus company. So I started looking into it. It didn't take long to find passkit and my general impression was "yes, I could code that".

Paul MacK

Hi Cecil, I have the same requirement from a client and would be very interested in your development, I'm struggling for developer resource on this so would you be open to potential collaborating on it? or us contributing to your development?

dimitri.p

Has anyone ever done this before in the ABL?
If there is another payment solution already in place, it might be easier to extend it , rather than adding a-la-cart applepay and google wallet. Whoever is reconciling payments might thank you down the road.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
If there is another payment solution already in place, it might be easier to extend it , rather than adding a-la-cart applepay and google wallet. Whoever is reconciling payments might thank you down the road.
Not really interested in using apple wallet or google wallet for payment, but to create a loyalty card.