A real example of ADM2?

tdi

Progress Fan
<div align="Left"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000"> Does any one have seen a brief app i can get to see the adm / adm2 model on the real world, i was schedulled on the trainig course of Progress here in Mexico, but it was delayed, and i read, and read, and read the manuals, but can't make to imagine a practical app with smarts. Is there any paper on the net that explains the process,? is there any app, even a little one?
Does anyone been in a situation like this?</font></div>

------------------
and yes... i'm Powered by Progress...

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
<div align="Left"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="#000000"> If you did a full install of Progress, there is a small sample application written in the ADM, that works with the sports2000 database. You can find it in DLC/src/sports2000 directory. It is a pretty good starting place for seeing an ADM application and looking at the source code.

Hope this helps.

-Chris</font></div>

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

rkh

Additionally, there's a helpful series of white papers ("Working with the Version 9 ADM") authored by John Sadd available for download in PDF on PSC's Web site at http://www.progress.com/adm/index.htm. You have to fill in a form to access them, so I think it's best to download them all the first time to avoid having to complete the form again.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
I just downloaded these a couple of weeks back and have to say that are required reading for anyone using the ADM2. There are some really good examples included and they cover most of the important development tips that are missing from the documentation. Along with the PDF files, there is also a zip file with all the example sources as well.

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

I just downloaded these a couple of weeks back and have to say that are required reading for anyone using the ADM2. There are some really good examples included and they cover most of the important development tips that are missing from the documentation. Along with the PDF files, there is also a zip file with all the example sources as well.

-Chris

------------------
Chris Schreiber
ProgressTalk.com Manager
chris@fast4gl.com

Hi Chris,

Can u suggest me any links or whitepapers for adm2.??