8.6e New Installation - Help!!!

ibarash

8.6e New Installation.

My associate and I have attempted to install 8.6e. We are getting the following error message when we attempt to start the application.

The message is:

"Language files not found or no menus available for this language."

"Please enter a new language code of ..."

US is entered in the prompt.

Please give us suggestions. We are dead in the water.

cecsno

ibarash said:
8.6e New Installation.

My associate and I have attempted to install 8.6e. We are getting the following error message when we attempt to start the application.

The message is:

"Language files not found or no menus available for this language."

"Please enter a new language code of ..."

US is entered in the prompt.

Please give us suggestions. We are dead in the water.
Give us some info, such as O/S, server and client pf files, progress.svg or vga if Windows. Have you loaded lngd_det mnd_det mnt_det.d msg_mstr.d flh_mstr.d hlp_mstr.d lng_mstr.d? Did you use mfgutil?

ibarash

Platform and other details

Thank you for responding to our call for help.

Platform: tru-64 UNIX Version 4.0F
Progress 8.3e
MFGPRO 8.6e (Attempting to Install)
Character Mode (No Windows)

We used QADMIN to install the program.

I have checked the mnd_det, lng_mstr, and lngd_det tables. They have data in them with 'US' language code.

I will check the other tables that you mentioned.

mfglang.pf has the following content.

-cpstream ibm850 -cpinternal iso8859-1 -cprcodein iso8859-1 -cpcoll basic

We do not have any other .pf files in the qad86e directory where everything for mfgpro is loaded. We have not been able to get into MFGPRO to register it. I have used the Progress Editor and connected to the database. It looks fine to me.

Let me know if you need more info. We are stuck.

Ira Barash

ibarash

This is the exact error message that we are getting after we type client.Production at the UNIX prompt

Language files not found or no menus available for this language.³
³ Please enter a new language code or F4 to exit MFG/PRO. ³
³ ³
³ New Code: US ³
³

cecsno

ibarash said:
This is the exact error message that we are getting after we type client.Production at the UNIX prompt

Language files not found or no menus available for this language.³
³ Please enter a new language code or F4 to exit MFG/PRO. ³
³ ³
³ New Code: US ³
³
Have you loaded usr_mstr records? If not there should be a default user with a userid of "" and a language code = to the one you installed i.e "US".

ibarash

Have you loaded usr_mstr records? If not there should be a default user with a userid of "" and a language code = to the one you installed i.e "US".

Answer: I went through our existing MFGPRO (8.5e) database. I found the usr_mstr record with userid "" and language code = "US".

I found the same record in the usr_mstr in the 8.6e database before I received your answer

cecsno

ibarash said:

Answer: I went through our existing MFGPRO (8.5e) database. I found the usr_mstr record with userid "" and language code = "US".

I found the same record in the usr_mstr in the 8.6e database before I received your answer
Will if you've loaded the language data, and user and you "us" directory is readable, the only thing I can think of is mf1a.[pr] is ahead of "us" in you propath.

ibarash

Thanks to all who answered our call for help.

My associate and I brought the 8.6e database up successfully. I changed the .profile to export the PROPATH, PATH, and DLC environmental variables. I made sure that all of the directories were covered in the PROTERMPATH.

Finally, we compiled nearly 6,000 MFGPRO modules using QADMIN.