Zebra Thermal Printer

smitht

I have a HP-UNix Server. I would like to print barcode from my printer but I'm stuck on how to use the Programming code from the printer. In progress how would I write code to do this?

LF
NLF
A50,0,0,0,N,"Test"LF
P1LF

LF = Line Feed
N = CLear Image Buffer
A = Ascii Text
P = Print
1 = Copy

vinod_home

put unformatted 'LF' skip.
put unformatted 'NLF' skip.

HTH

smitht said:
I have a HP-UNix Server. I would like to print barcode from my printer but I'm stuck on how to use the Programming code from the printer. In progress how would I write code to do this?

LF
NLF
A50,0,0,0,N,"Test"LF
P1LF

LF = Line Feed
N = CLear Image Buffer
A = Ascii Text
P = Print
1 = Copy

vinod_home

so its a zebra bar code parallel printer. right?

if you are using HP-Unix Server, you would probably be running a unix program, and the printer would be defined on your HP-Unix env.

Have I missed something

Thanks
V

smitht said:
I' printing to a paralell printer connected to my WIndows PC.

smitht

It is a Zebra Printer. I have it connect to my parallel port of a WIndows 98 pc. I'm using a emulation to connect to my HP-UNix box. I don't have the zebra printer driver on the HP box. I'm doing a Pass Through using Reflection HP software.

vinod_home

As I recall, I dont think you need a driver for the printer from HP. Check whether you can send a 'lp' command to the printer. If it prints then you should be able to do what i mentioned above. Just by using

put unformatted "LF" skip.

HTH

smitht said:
It is a Zebra Printer. I have it connect to my parallel port of a WIndows 98 pc. I'm using a emulation to connect to my HP-UNix box. I don't have the zebra printer driver on the HP box. I'm doing a Pass Through using Reflection HP software.

smitht

The put command sends data to my printer but it's not picking up the esc codes. Its prints the escape codes instead of using the values

vinod_home

Maybe the workaround for it is, you can create a file with the format you want and then send it to the zebra with an lp command

smitht said:
The put command sends data to my printer but it's not picking up the esc codes. Its prints the escape codes instead of using the values

smitht

I will try that.

I don't think Zebra gave me the right manual for the printer. The name on the printer says Eltron LP2348 and Zebra took over the rights of the printer. They sent me a EPL2 Programmers Manual.

vinod_home

You can go to their site zebra.com and look for it.

smitht said:
I will try that.

I don't think Zebra gave me the right manual for the printer. The name on the printer says Eltron LP2348 and Zebra took over the rights of the printer. They sent me a EPL2 Programmers Manual.

Many versions of lp under unix support the "-o raw" option. This tells lp to send esc codes direct to the printer and not to try and process your file. Under HP-UX a man lp command should give you more details about using the raw option.

smitht said: