Win2k HELP

new_2_this

Hi Everyone,
I'm really new to this so please bear with me. I need to get at the contents of a progress database for a client so that i can migrate some of it to oracle, somthing which i'm not totally familiar with. The budget wont really afford to buy Progress just for some data, so after reading a few posts on this forum about instsalling progress from POSSE , I have just installed progress and it all seemed to install in the right manner. However when i try to open any .p files or any other progress files i get a window telling me that its "unable to run startup procedure" it usually mentions a file it cant find then tells me to press the spacebar to exit. I'm really stumped here. Please can someone throw me a bone. I'm a bit wet behind the ears with all this progress stuff.
Thank you very much

StefGay

Hi, if you just want to download the database's contents you don't need any .p (.p are programms). Juste right-click on the.db file (.db are databases) select the data-dictionnary menu. In the data dictionnary program goto tools/data admin and in the data admin program select admin/dump/table contents.
In results you'll generate X flat files (one for each table) that you can import in oracle.

Regards.

Stéphane.

new_2_this said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm really new to this so please bear with me. I need to get at the contents of a progress database for a client so that i can migrate some of it to oracle, somthing which i'm not totally familiar with. The budget wont really afford to buy Progress just for some data, so after reading a few posts on this forum about instsalling progress from POSSE , I have just installed progress and it all seemed to install in the right manner. However when i try to open any .p files or any other progress files i get a window telling me that its "unable to run startup procedure" it usually mentions a file it cant find then tells me to press the spacebar to exit. I'm really stumped here. Please can someone throw me a bone. I'm a bit wet behind the ears with all this progress stuff.
Thank you very much