Where can i get the description and details about the hidden tables and its fields?

Hi Team,
Where can i get the description and details about the hidden tables and its fields? Do we have any separate documentation for the same. Thanks in advance!

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Re: Where can i get the description and details about the hidden tables and its field

Do you mean hidden? Or are you talking about the schema tables and/or VSTs?

Re: Where can i get the description and details about the hidden tables and its field

Yes i meant about schema tables & VST's. (all tables that are prefixed by underscore)

Eg: _AreaStatus, _file, _field

Elod

I've never seen any documentation for it, but I always did manage to obtain what I wanted, PKs are usually ROWIDs of records from other tables.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon

Code:
for each _file no-lock where _file._file-name begins "_":
  display _file-name.
  for each _field no-lock of _file:

display
      _field-name
      _data-type
      _extent
      _format

end.
end.

Examine the output for interesting field names in _file & _field. Rinse and repeat...

Yes, right now am doing in this fashion. I have seen one such document under the below location long back but couldn't locate it now.
http://www.peg.com/techpapers/monographs/

This is the reason i posted this question... If you have seen a document on this before please do let me know. Anyways for time being i ll continue to query and see what it contains.

BTW currently i need information on one field which is of high importance. I could understand most of the feils under the table _areastatus whereas i couldn't understand one field (i.e.,) _AreaStatus._AreaStatus-Hiwater

It would be of great help if you can tell me the importance of the above field.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon

That is the "high water mark" for the area. It is the highest block number with data in it. You can use that to determine how "full" the area is.

You might also find OpenEdge Schema Tables useful.

The are kbase entries on this as well.