What is Infor trying to pull (software audit)

doom1701

This probably isn't a "Database Admin" question, but I couldn't think of a better place to put it. Anyway, I've got someone from Infor (*shudder*), out of their UK office, asking me to fill out a document for a software audit.

What has me a little confused is that, at least as of yet, they haven't asked for access to any systems (which they have already, since they provide primary support) or for anything that seems relevant to an audit. All the form asks for is:

• Company name and address
  • Server OS, Progress Version, Databases on the server (and serial # for the hardware, but I'll touch on that in a second)
  • A few questions about whether or not we resell or offer their software as a service (all "No")
  • Total user count for their system (sx.Enterprise)
  • Output of the Progress showcfg tool to show our Progress licensing info
Every last bit of this is easily faked or just lied about. I don't need to lie about it, but this "audit" seems to amount to nothing more then them asking me "Are you legal?" and me saying "Yes". And that's what's setting off my BS-meter...

As for the hardware serial number, I'm not providing that initially; if they make a big stink about it, I think I'll assign an internal asset ID to it and call it the serial number. I really don't want to go down the "platform change fee" road again, even though I've now got assurances (in writing) from our new salesrep that they won't charge us one.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
It's a fishing expedition. They are looking for commission enlargement opportunities. I would file it in the circular bin.