webspeed install paths for IIS

bino

Hello,

We are upgrading from webspeed 2.1 to 3.1B. I have attempted installing webspeed 3.1B on a windows 2000 adv server web server with transaction broker and name server all on the same physical machine.

When I install webspeed it sets the default path to the web server root c:\inetpub\wwwroot. It installs the webspeed31b virtual directory and virtual scripts directory to "the default website" in IIS 5.0. The actual path to the site we are using webspeed for is c:\inetpub\wwwroot\companyweb.

Do I have to have it install in the default site directory, or is it ok to install to the correct directory containing all other static html and files (c:\inetpub\wwwroot\companyweb)

or in other words instead of defining the default paths for the web server root:

c:\inetpub\scripts (web server script directory)
c:\inetpub\wwwroot (web server document directory)

can I define it to:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\companyweb\scripts (web server script directory)

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\companyweb (web server doc directory)

The reason I'm concerned is because the default root directory has a different IP than the company web site directory. and I need to reference the site webspeed objects with the company site IP and or domain.

The other option I assume is to define the default install paths
c:\inetpub\scripts (web server script directory)
c:\inetpub\wwwroot (web server document directory)

and then create a virtual directory to the scripts and webspeed31b in the company site directory.

i'm just curious which would be the best approach. I got webspeed 3.1B to install no problem, but I haven't been able to get it to start up any agents after configuring my broker, starting the nameserver and the app service. I tried using wtbman to start the agent multiple times and it keeps saying it cant start the agent. I can start the nameserver and the adminserver service.