Web Services Toolkit

jongpau

Hi All,

Does anybody have any experience(s) with the Progress Web Services Toolkit? If so, would you mind exchanging your experiences?

A collegue of mine has heard a lot of praise about it in Dublin, but now that we want to "have a look at it" Progress is being its usual difficult self and says it may take up to 2 months before we get the "product" + they say it is still in a beta stage and they are not too eager to "give" it to us for some reason or other....

Any info would be appreciated.

Without meaning to sound like an advert for Progress :awink: and I personally gain nothing from this, I would suggest that your best source of information for this will be the Asia Pacific Developer world where people like David Olsen (US PSC) will be available to tell you about these kinds of things

From the recent email from Progress....

Developers World Asia Pacific 2003

Updated information- Visit web.progress.com/pdw/asiapac/agenda/index.ssp to see the latest agenda

US speakers:

Pat Bonser - Manager, Product Readiness, Progress Software
David Olson - Director, Enterprise Solutions, Progress Software
Niel Powers - Director of Product Planning for Tools & Middleware, Progress Software
Rick Kuzyk - Senior Technical Evangelist, Sonic Software

Regional speakers:

Mike Arnold - Technical Consultant, Progress Software
David Eddy - National Systems Consultant, Progress Software
Cheryl Field - Regional Product Manager, Progress Software
Jon Brown - Technical Consultant, Sonic Software

Progress Developers World Asia Pacific, will be held Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th August 2003 at the Marriott Hotel on the Queensland Gold Coast, Australia.

Developers World is a technical conference - the focus will be on technical issues. To keep costs at a minimum expect a 'no frills' event. There will be no glitzy staging or entertainment - just an intense technical conference that is what you, our customers, have been asking for.

Further information and a registration form can be found at www.progress.com/pdwap2003.

End of advert

Toby

jongpau

Hi Toby,

Yes, I have been thinking about going there... BUT... I have a need for more information at this point in time (customer wants to have/use a SOAP based interface) and August is still a month away. Besides that, a collegue of mine has been to the Dublin conference where (aparently) everybody was cheering about the product, but when we asked Progress in Europe for a license it appeared that the product is still in a beta stage and obtaining the product can take up to two months - if we will get it at all (it is all handled through Progress US and not the regional office).

Hence my question whether anybody in the "real world" has had any experience with it (beta testing etc) allowing me to at least pick up some knowledge from real users (and not just the "look at the great product we have now" stuff Progress usually gives) before August...