Vague error with ODBC

AquasunTech

I've been having a problem accessing data with the ODBC connection included with Progress 10.0B.

If I connect using Access, I can see tables and fields, but I only am able to pull ~100 records to view, before I get a driver out of resources error.

Also, any time I try to run TSQL on the database to return specific data (select field from PUB.owner where field = 'xxx') I get "Connectivity error: Unable to retrieve specific error information. Driver is probably out of resources."

Is there some setting on the driver that I can use to turn up the resources? Anything I am missing? I cannot find anything in the forums and I'm surprised this is the first time it's happened. Any clues?

illmatic

Well, I had similar Problems during a connection from MS Access.

I dont know if the SP of the ODBC driver is already implemented into 101B I am currently using 101A and have the ODBC- driver 5.10.00.39
installed.

Another hint could be to run the "dbtool" with the SQL- Report function against your database.

--> dbtool <db>

In case errors will be returned you can fix them with the dbtool as well.

Finally there could be different kind of regestry entries to be set into the path of your DSN- Entry.

The one that solved my problem:

String Value: WorkArounds2=8192

Dont now if this will solve your Problem as well, but there are many differnt kind of entries which will modify your driver.
You may will find several information about that in the knowledge base.