v8 to v9 .w portability?

smapdi636

This is mainly a curiousity issue as I think I'm stuck re-touching 200+ screens at this point.

I'm working with an application written in v8. It was known that some of the screens had been manipulated by hand and would no longer open in the UIB.

I had anticipated much manual work involved in getting these screens UIB/AB-friendly again.

However I'm finding that even many screens that open fine in the v9 AB, when saved would lose functionality or code. Inspecting the original screens in this case - it doesn't seem as though they've been touched by hand.

A common scenario is that, I'll open a screen in the v9 AB and re-save. I then diff the v8 vs. v9 versions and find that the FIELDS-IN-QUERY-{&FRAME-NAME} preprocessor disappears. This hoses the default OPEN-QUERY/DISPLAY behavior.

I'm able to workaround this by selecting all the fields on a given frame, cutting then pasting them right back on. At this point the AB throws a hard-error then notifies me I have an invalid query and prompts me to fix it. The resulting query always consists of duplicate table definitions like:

/* should only be "for each customer" */
for each customer,
each customer of customer

If I remove the 2nd customer table entry using the AB, save again, the diff now looks good, showing only minor (what I believe are normal) changes to the code that seem to be simply changes to the code generated by the AB vs. the UIB.

Anyway, this situation now has me revisiting 200+ screens when I only expected to do a handful. FUN.