Using .Net DLL in 10.2A

FrancoisL

I am getting a weird error and wonder if anyone experienced this in 10.2A.

I have a custom .Net DLL that i created that basically does web requests. I wish to try and use this DLL in 10.2A.

I added the DLL to the assembly references for the projets. If i use the object browser in 10.2 , i see my DLL and all the sub class within the namespace.

When i click on the class i want to create it gives me the progress code to use it.

USING QuasiNetStream.Params.WebStreamParams.
DEFINE VARIABLE class1 AS CLASS WebStreamParams.
class1 = NEW WebStreamParams().

But when i copy this code in the Form then i get an error that the class in the USING statement does not exists. But yet if i put my cursor on it the inteli-sense tells me it a class ie
class: QuasiNetStream.Params.WebStreamParams

Anyone have aan idea why the compiler is telling the class does not exists?

if i change the using to USING QuasiNetStream.Params.*. then it will tell me it a package and not give the error an that line but i will get the error at the DEFINE line.

Is there anything special when creating a DLL in .Net to use it in OpenEdge 10.2?

Thanks,

FrancoisL

Adding my DLL to the Global Assembly cache did fix this error. There must be something missing to use a local assembly .

I saw smoe message in a another DLL about a Assembly directory for the project but i cannot find any mention of it in the doc (so far).