Using Microsoft Message Queue Server

wayne

We currently have a Progress based Financials System, and Payroll Time Card Entry system. Also, we are currently finalizing a decision for purchasing a EAM (Enterprise Asset Management) system which is SQL based. One of the products we are reviewing uses Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) for sending and receving XML messages to allow an integration point. We need to send GL accounts, employee info, vendor info to the EAM product and need to receive invoices and gl trx from it. The new product apparently will create an XML message for an event from their system when add/modify/delete/custom event happens. From Progress 4GL v9.1D or 8.3c, how can we send a XML to the MSMQ and receive one? Be able to Publish and Subscribe? I have suggested using Sonic's product but management wants me to look at directly working with MSMQ instead so more licenses are not needed. Any help would be so gladly appreciated. Thanks guys!!

bvanmeer

quick solution= create in VB a DLL that does the interaction with MSMQ (a lot of examples to find on the net) and call by a com-handle the DLL

wayne

bvanmeer said:
quick solution= create in VB a DLL that does the interaction with MSMQ (a lot of examples to find on the net) and call by a com-handle the DLL

Thank you. I have been researching the net for VB freeware that may do this but have not been able to find. I am not a VB programmer so need to find a DLL to care for this. Any help?