unknown (to me) startup parameter

Afternoon 'talkers,

Openedge 10.2A.

We're currently reviewing some of our pf files, and came across one which defined a "-e" startup parameter. Had a look through the documentation and the kb without success.

There is a -E parameter (European format) but we would not be using this, so maybe -e is undocumented or has been deprecated - I've always assumed that the case matters for startup parameters.

Anyone came across it before or remember it from some previous version ?:confused:

TIA,

Danish.

RealHeavyDude

IIRC this is a client start parameter that defines the edit buffer size which were relevant to the procedure editor in good ole V6 character days. Don't know if it's still relevant - but I doubt that it is, at least for the GUI environment.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
-e went away with v6. Today it does nothing and is silently ignored.

It was replaced by -mmax which behaves a bit differently in better ways and permits larger amounts of memory to be used to buffer r-code.

RealHeavyDude

You would not believe how many installations I have seen in the past few years which still use parameter files created at the beginning of the 1990s. Whenever I asked the responsible person why they didn't change anything, they usually responded that the parameters were introduced long time ago by somebody else and were never questioned since then ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.