Unable to print using USB Printer

gtmsb

I need your helping hand. I have a USB Printer which used for MFGPRO purpose. However, i found that i am unable to print the copies out. Is there anything wrong with my configuration. I am using Windows XP and the MFGPRO were installed in Windows 2000 Server platform.

USB Printing

The ONLY way to set up USB printer on MFGPRO is refer to the manual for the specific printer, You will still use one of the lpt ports ie lpt4 for this purpose. If you mention your printer name & make I can check and revert with the settings.

chapkom

Re: USB Printing

The ONLY way to set up USB printer on MFGPRO is refer to the manual for the specific printer, You will still use one of the lpt ports ie lpt4 for this purpose. If you mention your printer name & make I can check and revert with the settings.

I know this is an old thread, but I have run into this exact problem, and found nothing in the printer manual to cover it. Nothing I have found on the Internet so far has worked.

I am trying to set up a Dell Photo 944 All In One USB printer as a local printer for QAD, but I have not been able to get it to work.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

chapkom

Re: USB Printing

I know this is an old thread, but I have run into this exact problem, and found nothing in the printer manual to cover it. Nothing I have found on the Internet so far has worked.

I am trying to set up a Dell Photo 944 All In One USB printer as a local printer for QAD, but I have not been able to get it to work.

Can anyone please help me out?

Thanks.

Found out why I can't get the printer to work, even using the Net Use trick. The Dell printer is not PCL capable, so it will never work with QAD.

Not too great for us, but if someone else can benefit from this information at least some good will come out of this.

tburtovoy

Many of the newer Windows USB and GDI printers dont work well or at all with MFG/Pro, BUT there is still an option!

A 3rd party product exists which is primarily a report enhancer similar to Optio, but alot cheaper (sending MFG report output to Excel,email,fax or barcode. The product is called "Transform" and is sold by www.sprolinux.com. Transform has a bounce option whereby printers in MFGPro can be setup to send to Transform first, then Transform will process the the report and then properly translate and send to any Host Based/GDI or USB printer. Sure, it costs money, but it can save you some of that back by not having to buy expensive printers on the other side. Lots of other features too for the cost.