Transaction History Tracebility

gtmsb

Hi,

Can anybody tell me where can i trace all the user transaction history activity?

Recently i have several case that user open sales order and suddently the sales order disappear without let other concern people know and this cause the purchasing department still not aware and continue to buy the material which do not need any more. We are now wish to trace back who is the person create the sales order and who is the person delete it? Is there any place to trace all the activity transaction? not only sales order, PO and others as well? Which specific module can have this transaction trace?

Thanks for your time first.

Regards,
MY

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
The only generic database functionality that supports such tracing would be database auditing. It is only available in OpenEdge 10.1a and higher and must be carefully configured for use -- it is not a default option.

But you speak of "modules" so perhaps you are looking for application code that a specific vendor's package might have put in place to trace such things. If so you will need to specify what package you are using.

paulpeter

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]A traceability matrix (which is what I assume you mean by dtreciability) is a table that traces a requirement to the tests that are needed to verify that the requirement is fulfilled. A good traceability matrix will trace backward and forward to that a requirement can be traced to a test and a test to a requirements. This is also very often known as Requirements Traceability Matrix or RTM.

A validation matrix could be another name for an RTM - not one that I have seen used.
[/FONT]

LarryD

Since this was dredged up from September 2009, I strongly suspect it's no longer an open issue and that Tom's original reply satisfied the person making the query.

"Ancient" threads that have been abandoned by the original poster, then having new postings consisting of nothing concrete, usable, or meaningful to add is not a good practice and in general frowned upon for online forums.