Thailand codepage

kinkikids

Hi all,

I am actually doing a project for Thailand, which will need progress to be displayed in Thai. The question is that i seems cant get the correct codepage of Thai.

I had tried CP874. But it seems like CP874 does not appears in the /usr/dlc91d/convmap.cp.

Anyone suggest other codepage? Thanks lot!:awink:

kinkikids

How about CP1160?

Thanks. i wil try this tomorrow.

Btw i searched a few code pages about Thai as below:

Cp1160 Thai with Low Tone Marks and Ancient Characters
Cp838 EBCDIC Thai
Cp874 Thai local codepage

For my previous projects i usually takes codepage which has the description "local codepage" (korean, simplify and tradisional chinese). And it works well. So i wonder why this thai local "CP874" does not work..

btw what is the different between local codepage and EBCDIC?

As for the error which codepage encoding not occured in the convmap.cp, can i manually amend/update it so that it supports CP874?Or in another word "install" the codepage into the progress default?

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I confess to being an amateur at this i18n stuff. If I had the problem, I would contact Tex Texin at www.i18guy.com or just ask Progress tech support. I do recall Thai being one of the supported languages as I seem to remember that it is an example of a language in which one must take account of two characters in order to achieve the correct sort and this being something Progress did quite some time ago.

I agree that the local codepage sounds like the right thing, but you will need to find someone else to explain what you should be doing.

EBCDIC = Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code as I recall. It is an alternative to ASCII used by IBM mainframes.