Terminal Emulator for Mac OS X

PGU

Hello,

We are running a V8 application and use Powerterm in SCO-ANSI mode as the Terminal Emulator on our Mac OS X clients.

I'm trying to find an alternative for Powerterm. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

PGU

It kinda works. I need to select SCO-ANSI as terminal type in Powerterm to get the right formatting on screen. In Terminal I don't have that option, so

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
It kinda works. I need to select SCO-ANSI as terminal type in Powerterm to get the right formatting on screen. In Terminal I don't have that option, so

The OS X terminal is an xterm. That should be supported "out of the box" in protermcap.

Since there is no _progres for Mac you must be using telnet or ssh to get to your target system. It is possible that on that 2nd system the TERM variable is being set to something other than "xterm"? Maybe by a script that is starting your application? Or possibly in your .profile or in /etc/profile or something like that? That would cause a mismatch of capabilities. The SCO Ansi and Xterm emulations have a lot in common (they are both derived from the vt100) but they also have differences.