Stupid SmartObject problem

David Wilson

I have been tasked with creating a simple window with Header/Detail type information. It shouldn't be complicated.

I've created a SmartViewer with the header information for a Purchase Order.
I've created a SmartQuery for the PO Header record.
I've put a Navigation bar on the SmartWindow, a long with a Save/Update panel.

These work as expected.

I placed a SmartBrowser at the bottom of the window and use the PO Header as an external table for the query in the SmartBrowser.

With this basic design everything seems to be working as expected...

I then added a second Update/Save panel, for the SmartBrowser. I've made 3 of the fields in the SmartBrowser updateable.

I can navigate the existing records in the database just fine, for those PO Headers with multiple detal lines they show up correctly in the SmartBrowser. Etc. When I choose to Update the current record in the SmartBrowser it allows me (correctly) to edit the fields. The moment I try to leave I get an error:

FIND FIRST/LAST failed for table PO_Header. (565)

At this point I'm thinking I missed a step, but I cannot for the life of me tell what. On the other hand, perhaps I took the wrong approach?

bendaluz2

Updateable Browsers

Personally I would never use an updateable browser, in my experience they dont quite work properly. I would create another smart viewer for your order line fields and link the smartbrowser and the update panel to this instead.