static browse and dynamic query

Fugey00

Hi !

I want to build a kind of data viewer in CHUI. Since we can't use Dynamic browse in CHUI. I'm force to use a static browse with a dynamic query. i found how to link the query to the browse(ID:p13704) but don't know how to add the data in the browse. Can't use ADD-LIKE-COLUMN in CHUI...

Does someone knows how to do that !

Progress 9.1D under HP-UX 11i.

Thnak's

Crittar

Why can't you use a dynamic browse? I confess I've never tried it but I can't see anything in the manual to suggest that it isn't available in Chui

Fugey00

Crittar said:
Why can't you use a dynamic browse? I confess I've never tried it but I can't see anything in the manual to suggest that it isn't available in Chui

because the dynamic browse is not supported in CHUI... only in GUI...
but almost all other dynamic stuff is supported in CHUI.... why ???????????

Crittar

As I said, I've never tried, but I will give it a go as soon as I can. Nothing I've seen in the manual suggests it can't be done.

Crittar

Fugey,

My apologies, you are correct, add-like-column is GUI only. Although this isn't indicated in the programmer's handbook it is in the language reference.

Fugey00

Crittar said:
Fugey,

My apologies, you are correct, add-like-column is GUI only. Although this isn't indicated in the programmer's handbook it is in the language reference.

Yes, and almost all of the good stuff is for GUI only.
But, dynamic browse in CHUI would be nice...

hope you can find a way.... let me know!!!!