Starting OpenEdge Architect 10.2b

jmac13

company I'm at is using open edge 10.2b and appbuilder.. I never used OEA I really want to get into using it as appbuilder does feel like you are using a hammer and chisel on slate. Does anyone know of any good Docs of how to getting it running etc? cause I'm going to have to try and get it working off my own back i think.

I've tired loading it up but get a message "unable to locate installation information for openedge version 10.2b"

any Ideas would be great thanks. I havent even got a project yet I've never used it but i want to try and use what we've got already a create one so i can start using it cheers.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I guess the first question is, are you sure you have OEA? Up through 10.2B at least, there are separate licenses for OEA and OpenEdge Studio. If you have an OES license, you don't have OEA. I haven't asked in a while, but they were being generous about letting people with one license get a free license for the other one. Supposedly, one was supposed to pick in a year, but I don't think that has been enforced because the expectation is that eventually there will be just one product.

As for familiarization, consider attending PUG Challenge Americas ... we will have several sessions on OEA.
http://www.pugchallenge.org/index.html

jmac13

as far as i know I have a licenese I look in my progress.cfg and i've got

Product Name: OpenEdge Architect
Installation Date: Tue Apr 20 11:42:30 2010
User Limit: 6
Expiration Date: None

so not sure whats going on there.... I'd love to attend the PUG challenge Americas.. but living in the UK dont think my company would stump up for that. I’m hoping to try and use it off my own back so I can convince them to start using it

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Not sure what your install issue is. Have you talked to tech support?

FWIW, we will have speakers and attendees from the UK and EMEA and even South America. The hotel is cheap, the conference inexpensive, so it is mostly just the air fare and release time. Think of all the inspiration you can bring back to the rest of the team. Check out the agenda!

vinod_home

Do you see "Openedge Architect" and "Openedge Architect clean" in your OpenEdge menu list. Have you tried both. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Openedge.

HTH

jmac13

Yeah i've tried both.. not tried reinstalling it... guess I'll have to get the tech guy to look at it... god knows when that will be.. just a bit frustrating having there but i cant get it to run