Show users/computers on windows network

JvdB

Hi Peggers,

Does anybody know how I can show the (logged in) users/computers on a windows network in progress v8.3b.
So that the username/computername can be selected?
If anybody has any sample code it would be great.
Thnx already,

J.

Samj

J.

There is a reference on:

http://www.global-shared.com

with the description of:

NT Services Status

by Todd G. Nist, tnist@netcarrier.com

Program source is available for download: w-findservice.w (50 kbyte)

This is a program for an NT environment which will determine all of the computers on a given
network and which services they are running. You can then inquire of a given server what the
status is of a services and it will return weather it is running, in error, etc...

Not sure if this is what you're after or not though.

Good luck,

Sam

JvdB

Thnx but from what I could see so quickly it's not what I was thinking of. At least when I got the code to run it showed the services/processes on my pc...but not generated a list of user/computernames on the network. Also appears to be nt only as you said.
Thnx anyways,

J.

Samj

User list

Yes, you'd need to run it from a server to see all users/computers on the network. It works here. Maybe Todd could answer specific questions about different O/S.

JvdB

Thnx Samj,

Though I'd not only need it on a server, but also client pc's
I guess what I'm really after is something similar to what one sees when choosing Microsoft windows-network in the windows explorer. I want it cause I've been playing around with mailslots and to adress them need a computername or username.

J.