set-cookie and get-cookie

angie3742

First, allow me to stress Webspeed is very new to me and I don't seem to be catching on quickly! I am writing a web page using html and javascript in which a cookie is created and stored on the client. I've tested it using a simple onblur function and verified the javascript for set-cookie is working correctly. Now I want to write the speedscript/file necessary for getting the cookie, retrieving other data based on the cookie contents from our database AND return all the data to another html page. HELP! I think I understand that I need something like:
<form action="post" method="getcookie.w"> in my original html file. Then the getcookie.w file would be the file in which I have all the speedscript getting data, analyzing it and returning it to an html page. But HOW does that happen? Does anyone have sample code that they don't mind sharing? I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

angie3742

Never mind about the cookies. I've figured out how to pass my information back and forth. Now, I'm having a problem with my output. When data is pulled from our database, only the first word is being pulled from each field. (example: if the customer's name is John Smith, the only thing that is returned is John.) If I go into each record and add quotations around the name ("John Smith") and run my script again, John Smith is returned correctly. How can I get my speedscript to pull in the entire entry?

angie3742

All is well now. I had a simple error in my HTMl code that was causing the information to be returned incorrectly. Thanks for the response. :)