Question Selectable Frame Selection Issue

Rob Case

Hi all,

I have a frame displaying data from a database query I performed. I have a statement that when I push F10 to display the order number. My issue is that I have to hit F10 2 times for the display statement to work (this is just for testing... i'll end up doing a separate task).

I did noticed there is a "Enter a unique identifier fro this order" at the bottom, not sure where that came from. Looked in the progress manual examples but I feel I'm missing something here. I have attached a screen shot of how it looks when I launch the program.

Any ideas why I must press F10 2 times?

Code:
for each wk_data no-lock break by wk_data.order:
  if first-of(wk_data.order) then
  var_count = var_count + 1.
end.

form wk_data.order with frame main-frame centered row 5 scroll 1 var_count down.
for each wk_data no-lock break by wk_data.order:
    if first-of(wk_data.order) then
    display wk_data.order
            wk_data.cust_num
            wk_data.ship_name
            wk_data.date_req
            wk_data.order_status with frame main-frame.
    down with frame main-frame.
    end.

up var_count with frame main-frame.

REPEAT ON ENDKEY undo, leave:
  CHOOSE ROW order NO-ERROR WITH FRAME main-frame.

on F10 anywhere do:
  display FRAME-VALUE format "x(9)".

end.
end.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

OpenEdge Release 10.2B08

Attachments

• progress-talk-help.png
    progress-talk-help.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 8

RealHeavyDude

The message "Enter a unique identifier for this order" is coming from the help attribute of the (database) field. Although it can be overriden almost anywhere the definition of the (database) field is a good place to start.

Is this GUI or CHUI?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

RealHeavyDude

On a second thought: I would move the trigger out of the repeat loop and out of the for each loop.

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Rob Case

That did help. I ended up removing the repeat loop and moved the choose statement out of the for-each. Much better. Another issue came up since the repeat was removed. When the orders are listed and I scroll to the last entry, if I press the down arrow again, the program completes and ends. How can I force that F4 is the only way to exit the program such as if I scroll to the last entry displayed and the down arrow is pressed again, nothing happens?

Thanks for all of your help. Much appreciated RealHeavyDude.