Select All in a smartBrowser

tbruaset

Is it possible to select all records in a browser?
There is no problem using Select-row for every records in the view, but rest of the records is not selected with this.

If you want native multi-select, you're going to have to use a multiple-select browse widget as opposed to the standard browse used by a smartDataBrowse as default. Not sure that this is available in v8 though. Time to upgrade!

Back in the day, when dinosaur-shaped single-select browse widgets roamed the landscape, I used to use a temp-table based on a real table, with an extra selectFlag logical field. This was the first column in the browse, and the column was fixed (so always visible). I'd use the row-display trigger to color selected rows in red. Thus, I "sort of" had a multi-select browse object.

palthe

If you want native multi-select, you're going to have to use a multiple-select browse widget as opposed to the standard browse used by a smartDataBrowse as default. Not sure that this is available in v8 though. Time to upgrade!

Back in the day, when dinosaur-shaped single-select browse widgets roamed the landscape, I used to use a temp-table based on a real table, with an extra selectFlag logical field. This was the first column in the browse, and the column was fixed (so always visible). I'd use the row-display trigger to color selected rows in red. Thus, I "sort of" had a multi-select browse object.

Haha, yeah that rings a bell! I always used the 'default-action' trigger :) to select a row. Very useful!