Schema Lock Error

stokefc22

Hi Guys,

Can anyone explain what this error in the attached image actually means? The user gets this error when creating some records but not every time?!?! I can log on and create them myself without error too...

Any information would be greatly received!

TIA

upload_2016-1-14_16-50-57.png

stokefc22

Thanks Mad, I had seen that article and can also confirm we do not hit the VST's from with the system.. its a puzzler!!

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Can you reproduce this error in a test environment? Do you have source code and development tools? If yes to both then you (or someone) can step through the code in a debugger and find the offending program. Based on what you find you can address it.

If not, add -clientlog and -debugalert to the client startup parameters so you will at least have a full call stack when you hit the error. Send the client log to the developer. That should point them in the right direction.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
we don't touch _file either way.
Wild guess: it's possible (not at all likely, but possible) that the application does something bad like storing template record recids and updating them directly. This wouldn't involve _File reads at run time and could result in the error you see.

stokefc22

Can you reproduce this error in a test environment? Do you have source code and development tools? If yes to both then you (or someone) can step through the code in a debugger and find the offending program. Based on what you find you can address it.

No and Yes...

If not, add -clientlog and -debugalert to the client startup parameters so you will at least have a full call stack when you hit the error. Send the client log to the developer. That should point them in the right direction.

This is a good idea thanks Rob, I shall try this one..